Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Where do I get a rat?

NOW, FOR THE BIGGEST QUESTION OF ALL.....

WHERE DO I GET MY RAT?

Do not get your rats from Petco, Petsmart, etc. Why? They die. TRAGIC. I made the mistake, twice.... *Looks out into the distance*  Let's get to the bottom of this. They die. The breeding conditions are poor, the handling is poor, they won't make it. Any type of illness or disease. I had gotten two rats, Luci and Cheese. Cheese died a couple of days later. So we got Midnight from the same place. Luci died. So we got Lilac, but from a person who couldn't keep her anymore. So,  two out of three rats died. Death is TRAGIC. TRAGIC, I TELL YOU! *Sniffle.*

(Whenever I imagine a ratty angel, I imagine a bat. Huh.)


PLEASE get your rats from a breeder no matter how far away it is. Nine hours? 30 minutes? It's worth it. PLEASE make sure that the breeder is extra safe for any reason. Other option; search on craigslist or something like that for some responsible person that needs to give away his/her two rats that he/she got from a breeder. (For reasons like: "I'm allergic to the rats" Or "I can't take care of them anymore, I'm moving or my dog wants to eat them.")



XOXO

*Marin*

No comments:

Post a Comment